aspiring towards medicine? we’ll help you master the UCAT, application and interview
ace the UCAT and get into medicine with our intensive short courses specialising in online testing,
taught by our team of top percentile medical educators.
UCAT seminar: your journey into medicine!
are you considering studying medicine in university?
learn the secrets of how to ace the UCAT from our medical team and former students who scored 99+ percentiles in the UCAT. discover their strategy for the exam and interview process, to help you secure your seat for a career in medicine and reach your dream of becoming a doctor or dentist.
the university clinical aptitude test (UCAT) is a mandatory computerised exam used to test students applying for medical and dentistry courses. students need to register and book for the test at their nearest testing centre.
it comprises of 5 sections, totalling 233 multiple choice questions, to be completed in 2 hours. students will receive their UCAT result immediately after completing their exam.
- assesses your ability to critically evaluate information presented in a written form.
- tests your ability to understand information presented in passages and infer meaning and appropriate conclusions from it.
- examines your ability to speed read texts and interpret the content and meaning quickly.
time 21 min
- assesses your ability to make sound decisions and judgements using complex information.
- examines your ability to apply logic to reach a decision or conclusion, evaluate arguments and analyse statistical information.
- tests your high-level problem solving skills and the ability to assess uncertain situations.
time 31 min
- assesses your ability to critically evaluate information presented in a numerical form.
- tests your numerical and critical thinking skills through the form of basic arithmetic and mental maths style questions.
- examines your ability to solve numerical and qualitative problems and perform calculations quickly.
time 24 min
- assesses your use of convergent and divergent thinking to infer relationships from information.
- examines your ability to identify patterns amongst abstract shapes amidst irrelevant and distracting material which may lead to incorrect conclusions.
- tests your ability to critically evaluate and generate hypotheses based on visual representations and arrangements.
time 13 min
- measures your capacity to understand real world situations and to identify critical factors and appropriate behaviour in dealing with them.
- tests your ability to assess integrity and perspective taking.
- examines your emotional intelligence and collaborative skills.
time 26 min
head of UCAT.
teaches: UCAT & maths
currently undertaking degree: UNSW
bachelor of medical studies/doctor
of medicine – 4th year
100 3U maths
awards: premier’s award for all-round
excellence in HSC
“surely, learning is best when it happens at your pace”
theory and exam preparation
- our course has been created for small classes (up to 8) to make sure you get enough attention to succeed and gain critical thinking skills to master difficult exam questions under pressure.
- we deliver UCAT content in a steady manner with the first 6 lessons designed to teach the techniques and skills needed for each subtest, while the 7th lesson is a computerised mock exam followed by exam review providing personalised feedback in the 8th and final lesson.
- our students complete numerous online UCAT mock papers to sharpen their accuracy under simulated exam conditions and help give them an advantage over their peers.
exam intensive preparation
- throughout the 10 lessons, you will be exposed to a multitude of questions in the form of 5 computerised mock exams and 5 corresponding exam review sessions where you’ll receive personalised feedback on your individual performance and breakdown of your rank and percentile within our cohort.
- we have very small class sizes (up to 8) where our UCAT educators tailor each lesson to each individual student’s strengths and weaknesses. we also track progress weekly in our individualised classes to ensure that our students receive truly personalised feedback.
- to help our students sharpen their accuracy under simulated exam conditions, they will have access to a variety of online UCAT mock designed by our UCAT content specialists.
3 step strategy for medicine success
master three major steps for entry into medicine
we focus on each of the three major entry requirements for admission into medicine:
1. comprehensive theory and exam mastery – we’ll help you with tried and proven strategies that are the quickest and most efficient to use in exam conditions.
2. medical application review and perfecting – with access to a suite of exemplars, we help you create authentic and exceptional applications for universities nationwide
3. interview training and simulated mock rounds – with our step-by-step guidebook containing hundreds of questions for various types of interviews and simulated sessions with our team of UCAT educators and medical practitioners, you’ll feel especially primed and confident.